Information for GPs
General Practitioners are now able to prescribe and manage the treatment of hepatitis C using direct-acting antivirals (DAAs) in consultation with a gastroenterologist, hepatologist or infectious diseases physician experienced in the treatment of chronic hepatitis C infection.
Skilled and experienced clinicians may initiate hepatitis C treatment using DAAs without consultation with a specialist.
- Hepatitis C Treatment Resources for Prescribers and Dispensers http://hepatitissa.asn.au/news/263
Click above to see downloadable resources for prescribers from the PBS, GESA and ASHM. Includes: Treatment algorithm chart, treatment consensus statement, contact details for liver nurses and clinics, GP treatment plan and team care arrangements.
- Hepatitis C Information for GPs http://hepatitissa.asn.au/gp
Click above to access electronic GP information pack. Includes links to drug interaction tool, patient resources and links to information on testing, diagnosis, treatment, prevention, pregnancy, children.
- Remote Consultation Request for Initiation of Hepatitis C Treatment PDF | MS Word
- Taking HCV Risk History (also featured below) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2BFKVrJVW4
- Sample Recall Letter for Patients MS Word